24/06/2013

DIY headboard envy

via regines kreativiteter
Headboards. Personally it's something we've needed since we started living together but we never got around to actually getting one.. Don't judge me. I'm all about creating something you need yourself so all these headboards are unconventional, yet clever ways of doing exactly that. I love all of them and I'm pretty damn grateful all these talented people chose to share their ideas on the world wide web.. but I mean if I had to choose my top 2 favs (tough times) it would have to be the first 2 simply because of 3 things - bright white rooms, wooden panels and simplicity. 
The image below is a complete favourite of mine - I'm a huge fan of this panelled headboard, the quote 'awake my soul' (a Mumford and Sons song) and the hanging photos are such personal touches, it's a clear winner in my eyes. 

via design sponge
via source                                                                              via stylizimo
via source

via design every day                                                                         via dreamy whites
via regines kreativiteter
via message note 
via source                                                                                   via country living 
via source                                                                                           via source
via house to home
via home polish                                                                            via real living

via apartment therapy  via shelterness 
via unknown source

3 comments:

  1. loving the oars and pallet idea very creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the headboards! So cute! Just started a new blog (yngldn.blogspot.com) and was wondering how you got those cute little circles lining to your twitter and instagram? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I'm glad you liked them!
    The black ones? I had so much trouble doing these, I simply googled it and followed a mixture of different steps to get it to finally work.. If you want the codes just let me know - I cant seem to find the blog I originally got them off.

    Thanks for the comment.
    Caitlin xx

    ReplyDelete